Alaska Airlines is an airline of the United States and took the 5th position to be considered as the World’s largest company in the field of airlines. Its regional partners are Horizon Air and SkyWest Airlines that help to operate in a large network.
When you buy a ticket, Alaska Airlines or any other Airlines make sure to have knowledge about the refund policy, what are the methods to get the refund, cancelling non-refundable tickets etc.
Alaska Airlines Refund Policy
Alaska Airlines is the same as other airlines. Because it also has some rules formulated by the United States Department of Transportation for the 24-hour cancellation policy.
If the flight tickets are bought 7 days before then you will have 24 hours to cancel the ticket and get a full refund without any extra fees.
The 24-hour cancellation policy is applicable to each fare you bought from Alaska Airlines but if the cancellation is done after 24 hours the fare type will be different.
Here are the five fare types in Alaska Airlines:-
- Saver fares: If the customers opt to cancel the flight after 24 hours, then you are not eligible to cancel, and also refund is not possible.
- Main Cabin: If you cancel the flight ticket after 24 hours then you need to pay a price of $125 as extra fees.
- First Class which is Non-Refundable: You are required to pay an extra fee of $125 to cancel the type of fare. The expense will be deducted from the cost price of the ticket and the remaining you can use for the next journey with Alaska Airlines
- First Class which is Refundable: You can easily cancel your ticket without paying any additional fees.
- Award Ticket: You can purchase the ticket using Alaska miles, and cancellation can be done just by paying an amount of $125 as extra fees. You will also get a refund back. After paying the fee you will get your miles returned.
Note: If you are a member of MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75k status then the fees here are waived off for the First Class which is Non-Refundable, Main Cabin, and Award Ticket fares.
How can I make a refund request on Alaska Airlines?
In order to obtain a refund of the money back from Alaska Airlines in the first case, you need to cancel the flight booking.
Here are the steps to cancel the ticket:
- Sign in to the Alaska Airlines
Firstly, from the web browser go to the webpage of Alaska Airlines and tap the Sign in tab.
- My Trips option
Next, pick the My Trips option from the homepage.
- Cancel the trip
Choose the trip that you wish to cancel and click on it.
- Click Cancel
Now hit the Cancel tab.
- Confirm the cancellation
Lastly, hit the Confirm button to cancel the ticket.
You will receive a confirmation email from the site once you complete the cancellation process. This email will include the ticket number and the remaining funds after deducting the fees.
There are two methods to ask for a refund from Alaska Airlines:-
- Via Phone.
- Through Mail.
How to ask for a refund from Alaska Airlines via Phone?
If you want to contact the customer service in person then reach the customer service of Alaska Airlines by dialling at -800-252-7522. Wait for the rep to answer your call and once received you need to make a request for a refund.
How can I make a request for a refund from Alaska Airlines through Mail?
You can make a request for a refund by sending the physical ticket to the Alaska Airlines address
Attn: Refund-SEAAR, P.O. Box 68900 Seattle, WA 98168.
Make sure to include your mailing address and your full name.
There are specific norms and standards that you expected to attain in order to be qualified for a refund after the ticket cancellation:
- If the ticket was bought from the online website, on the ticket counter, or booking through the call center of Alaska Airlines.
- If you cancel the Saver fare by following the 24 hours cancellation policy.
- Bought tickets utilizing U.S. dollars.
- Government fare is not included.
- If you are not a part of any organization or booking from a vacation package.
If there is an emergency such as a death in the family or health-related issues then Alaska Airlines will provide you with the refund on the ticket without including any extra charges but make sure to provide a valid explanation.
What to do if the flight is canceled by Alaska Airlines?
Sometimes there might be delays in flight or Alaska cancels your flight because of technical issues or weather conditions that do not allow you to take up the flight. In this type of case, Alaska will provide you with the support to take up another flight or just request for a refund. No fees will be charged for arranging a flight or giving a refund.
How much time does it take to get the refund from Alaska Airlines?
If the cancellation is done within 24 hours of booking then as per the policies you will get the full refund in the original mode of payment.
Some tickets might be non-refundable and those who are qualified for the refund will receive the money in 20 business days if the ticket was paid in cash.
For paying through credit cards payments will take up to 7 working days to show up in the bank account.
The refund might take longer than usual to appear on the bank account that depends on the issuer of the credit card.
In order to check the status of the refund you need to call at -206-392-7722. You can contact the customer service between 9 p.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (PST) on weekdays. There is also a facility to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can track the status of your refunds.