Amazon is one of the prominent international and E-commerce organizational firms. It is among the most popular sites where you can purchase goods, stream your favorite shows, enjoy music, bill payments, transfer money to your dear ones, etc.
In this app, you can find millions of customers where they purchase tools, furniture, electronics, and various other products. Like any other app, it is natural to have errors on it. Many third-party retailers can cause the error by providing damaged items and sometimes Amazon itself is at fault.
If you want a refund from Amazon this might be hectic, particularly if you want to dispute the shipping cost.
Here in this blog, we will talk about canceling the product and the refund policy of Amazon, is there any shipping refund trick for Amazon, returnless refund, and so on.
Before canceling any product make sure you are aware of the refund policy. So we will proceed with the terms and conditions regarding the refund policy of Amazon.
What Is the Refund Policy of Amazon?
As per the Amazon protocol customer can return the product within 30 days from the day you received the item. The package if is in a good condition then you are eligible for a full refund. But there are few exceptions which you need to follow for a refund.
You can receive partial refunds if:-
- The product you returned past the window of designated return.
- The CDs, DVDs, VHS Tapes, and vinyl records are opened after receiving the items.
- You will get a partial refund if the item is damaged or used in the product.
- If you ask for a digital refund for software and video games that you opened.
If a question comes to your mind that does amazon refund shipping then we like to inform you that the fees for shipping cannot be refunded back.
Customers if wish for free returns then you need to select the address for delivery to get free shipping.
- In the U.S.
- In an army or fleet post office with the zip code of a U.S.
Amazon charges fees while shipping the return and deducts the cost of shipping and fees for restocking from the refund. But if due to Amazon’s fault you had to return the product then you will get free shipping on return. When the package you received has defects then also free returns are applicable. Sometimes if your luck favors you can get a returnless refund from Amazon.
If the shipping is delayed then Amazon will provide the users with free shipping refund. Make sure that this system is applied to the estimated date. The packet will delay in shipping, and you are accountable for the expenses.
How To Request for a Refund on Amazon for free return shipping?
There are methods to ask for a refund for request free return shipping:
- Via Amazon’s live chat.
- Through Account settings.
1. How to ask for a refund on Amazon for free return Shipping through Live Chat?
Amazon app works on PCs as well Android version.
For Desktop users:
Follow the steps mentioned:
- Firstly, visit the Amazon official site.
- Then tap the sign-in option.
- After that press the Contact Us tab.
- Select Live Chat.
- Wait till any rep responds to you, clearly state the issue, and provide the details of the package. Thus you can get a refund for the shipping.
For mobile users:
Go through the steps carefully:
- Firstly, tap the app to open.
- Now, tap the Contact Us tab.
- Press the Chat option.
2. How to make a request for free Shipping Refund on Amazon through Account Settings?
The steps to be followed mentioned below:
- Tap the Sign in tab on your account.
- Then visit the Your Orders section.
- Select the order in which you have the problem.
- Tap on Request Refund.
- In the blank field, you need to clarify the reason and then tap the Submit button.
- Once done, a message will be delivered through email confirming that you are eligible or not for a refund. It might take one week to make the request processed.
If you want a quick refund without any tension you can use the DoNotPay app. The app will handle the issue single-handedly and will also send the letter of dispute to the bank on your behalf.
Here are the steps to ask for a free return on shipping from Amazon:
- From the browser login to the account.
- Then click the Get Get Protected tab, available below the Chargeback Instantly section.
- Answer the questions asked by the chatbot.
- Select the option to send the Chargeback letter either by yourself or through DoNotPay.
- Do not forget to add the digital signature and then tap the Submit tab.
- A fax will be mailed to the bank and as for the proof and support, Mastercard and Visa codes are available.
- DoNotPay will contact the vendor if you wish to.
How long does it take for Amazon to refund?
When you cancel an item after shipping is processed you need to pay a charge for the return. You need to pay the full shipping charge if you do not cancel the package on time.
Make sure before selecting the reason to return the item because it fully depends on the reason that you are eligible for free shipping on return or not. Check whether there is any defect or damage to the item. Late shipment will lead to free shipping on return.
The time to get the refund relies on the mode of payment you used for the purchase.
There are different time for different payment methods such as:
|Credit card – refund in five working days.|
|Debit Card – refund in ten days.|
|Prepaid credit card – refund in 30 days.|
|Amazon Gift Card – 2 to 3 hours.|
|Reward Points – Refund in five working days.|
|Checking account – refund in ten working days.|
|SNAP EBT card – might take one day or 24 hours to refund.|
Hence, this article will guide you to get a refund for free return shipping on Amazon. If you wish to check the status of the refund then go to the Orders section and tap the Order Summary and view the refund status.