Ancestry is a platform that offers genealogical and historical records through DNA testing to three million subscribers. It allows them to get to the world’s best online genealogy history.
You need to subscribe for the service by choosing the plan but the plans are very expensive over the long haul.
If you want to cancel the membership or return the DNA kit and after canceling you will surely want your money back. In this case, we will guide you to get the refund back.
What is the Refund Policy of Ancestry?
According to the refund policy of Ancestry, refunds are allocated under explicit situations. But the principles might fluctuate depending on whether trying to obtain a refund for the canceled kit or item you ordered.
Let’s discuss about the conditions:-
- Refund for the Cancelled Kit.
- Refund for the Cancelled Membership.
- How to return Ancestry Dna kit for refund?
You can cancel the ordered DNA kit from the site @ancestry.com. The cancellation needs to be done in 30 days.
The refund will be credited to your account but it depends on whether the DNA kit is returned to AncestryDNA or not:
- Cancellation is done before returning the DNA sample, then the refund received will be equal to the price of the item decreased by $25.
- After returning the Kit if cancellation is done then the refund will be equal to the price of the item excluding $50.
- Can I get a refund for a Cancelled Subscription?
Different subscription have different types of rules as per Ancestry policy:
- Those users are using the monthly subscriptions they are not eligible for any refunds.
- If the Prepaid memberships are longer than a month then a refund is possible, and cancellation needs to be done within 30 days of signing up.
- If the customer has a subscription monthly-billed then a refund is provided.
- Auto-renewals can be canceled within 7 days of the date of renewal and a full refund will be given to you. The circumstances rely on the type of subscription.
- If signed up at Ancestry.com for the free trial and forgot to cancel then a refund is not possible. But you can check whether you are qualified or not in the account.
What are the methods to request for an Ancestry dna refund?
There are four methods you can use to request for a refund from Ancestry.
- Make a request through email.
- Ask for a request over the phone.
- Can You Request a Refund through the website?
- Request for a refund via Live Chat.
How do I request a refund via Email?
Try reaching the support teamthrough email.
- Compose an email gathering all the required information about the Ancestry DNA kit returned or canceled.
- Clearly state the reasons so that it could be understandable by the receiver.
- Send it to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to request a refund from Ancestry over the Phone?
Get in touch with the customer support team to make a request for a refund from Ancestry using the phone.
- Dial at -1-800-615-6560, available from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Once the call is answered by the rep ask for a refund.
How to get a refund from Ancestry through the Website?
Ancestry membership plans can be canceled on the website if the plan you subscribe for is qualified for the refund. Once the account is canceled the refund will be allocated automatically. The amount will be credited to the original payment mode.
In order to cancel the account and receive a refund by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, visit the website at Ancestry.com.
- Next, tap on the Sign-in button.
- Then, in the Membership section, choose the option Cancel membership.
- After that choose a reason for cancellation reason from the list.
- Now, tap on the Continue tab.
- Hit the option ‘Cancel My Membership’.
If you are qualified for a refund, then the subscription will end instantly and you will get the cashback and also receive a confirmation email from Ancestry.
Can I get a refund from Ancestry through Live Chat?
You can opt to reach the customer service via Live Chat.
Here are the following steps to be followed:-
- First and foremost, you need to visit the Ancestry website.
- In the next step, scroll the cursor to the footer.
- Then, hit the link ‘Support Center.
- Now, you need to go to the Support section with six circles.
- Hit on the Circle ‘Ancestry Account’.
- After that hit on the option ‘Contact Us’.
- Next, hit the Ancestry Account.
- Then tap on the option ‘Chat With Us’.
- Give your details such as name and email to the chatbot.
- Then follow the steps as shown on the screen.
How much time does it take to get s refund from Ancestry DNA UK?
It rely on whether the request for a refund is automated or not.
On the off chance that you drop your record and are qualified for a discount, it will be given consequently. Precisely when the assets will be in your record relies upon your unique installment strategy since discounts are given to a similar wellspring of installment.
If the account is canceled and you are qualified for a refund it will be processed instantly. The time period to get the refund will rely on the mode of payment i.e. original payment method.
The bank might take more than ten days to process your payment to your account.
If you are not qualified for an automatic refund then you can send a request to the customer support team. It might take more time than usual to process the refund request.
How to check the refund status Ancestry.com?
You might not find any method to check the status of your refund online.
If the request is made for an automatic refund, then an email will send to your mailbox instantly.
But if you are not, then take the help of the customer support through email or via phone whichever is available for you. If you have not received any refund for more than ten days then you can also contact the bank to inquire about any transactions pending.