The largest and biggest company of airlines is Hong Kong’s, Cathay Pacific. It serves over 200 destinations in more than 60 nations around the world and is the 10th greatest airline in regards to sales on the planet. The income of Cathay Pacific is more than 111 billion dollars.
In this article, you will find how to refund Cathay air tickets, eligible for a refund or not, go through the refund policy of the company and so on.
What Is the Refund Policy of Cathay Pacific?
Those passengers who cancel the seat tickets within 24 hours of booking will get a full refund. After purchasing the ticket you need to go through the confirmation email to check if a refund is possible after 24 hours. Most tickets are based on cancellation fees. That information will be available in your email too.
The universal regulations for refunds from Cathay Pacific Airline:
- The cancellation fee is not charged during the emergencies such as the pandemic outbreak COVID-19 when traveling is not allowed.
- If you purchase the Cathay Airline tickets from third parties you need to follow their policies for refunds.
- A partially used ticket is eligible for a refund but you will have to pay the cancellation charge.
- If the tickets are not in use then you can refund for up to 2 years from the date of purchase.
- If you do not want refunds you can opt to rebook the flight tickets or exchange for the credits for future travels. If you select to get a refund the amount will be credited to the mode you used while making payment.
- Cancel the ticket and then ask for a refund.
How To Cancel the ticket of Cathay Pacific?
Follow the steps below:-
- Tap to Log in to the account.
- Then, go to the Manage Booking tab.
- Lastly, click on the cancel the flight option.
You can use the phone and contact customer support to cancel the ticket.
Can I Refund my Cathay Pacific Ticket?
There are different methods available to request a refund from Cathay Pacific.
- Via Phone.
- Through Website.
- Third-Party Travel Agency
- Visit in person.
- Via Asia Miles.
Make a request for Cathay Pacific Refund over the phone
Contact customer care by using the number and asking to cancel the ticket and grant your refund. Go to the Contact Us page and search for the required phone number as per your requirements.
Ask for a refund from Cathay Pacific through the Website
You can make a request for a refund by filling up an online form on the site of Cathay Pacific.
- Firstly, visit the Online refund request form page.
- Select the product that you wish to refund like seat, ticket, lounge pass, or reservation.
- Next, complete the form.
- At last, hit the Submit button.
Request the Refund from Cathay Pacific via Third-Party Travel Agency
Those passengers who purchased the tickets from a third-party travel agency need to follow the terms and conditions of refunds stated by the agency from whom they purchased the ticket.
Make a Request for a refund from Cathay Pacific In Person
You can head towards the office agency and ask them to cancel the ticket and then issue the refund.
Request the refund from Cathay Pacific Through Asia Miles
If you want the refund for the redemption ticket of Cathay Pacific then contact Asia Miles and deal with them.
How much time to take to receive the refund money from Cathay Pacific?
The residents of the U.S. will be granted the Cathay Pacific refund in one week after making a request. Others need to wait for a month to receive the refund.
Under conditions of COVID-19, passengers need to wait more than usual time because of the high number of refund requests.
Cathay Pacific Refund Request Status
If you have waited for more than enough then contact the issuer of the bank or credit card to check what’s obstructing the transfer of the refund to your account. It depends on the bank that the amount will show up on your bank account.