You can understand by the heading what the article is about. There is a list of contents for the article.
- GoFundMe refund policy of donation, build the wall.
- If the goal is not reached, do a gofundme refund.
- Methods to get a refund from gofundme.
- Issues while requesting refunds.
- How long does it take to refund?
What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is an American crowdfunding platform that was inaugurated in 2010. If you want to raise money for events varying from life events like festivals and graduations to challenging conditions like illness and accidents then GoFundMe is the platform where you can organize your fundraising. Here you can get the opportunity for free. According to the reports, it has raised more than $9 billion from over 120 million donations.
By hearing about GoFundMe you might be interested to use the platform. But before that, let’s have a look at its refund policy.
What is the Refund Policy of GoFundMe?
As for the information about refund policy it is regulated by GoFundMe Guarantee. You cannot use the fundraising platform to mislead the common people during a campaign because the main motive of this platform is to protect the contributors or the funds collected were not for a good purpose and did not reach the exact beneficiary.
There are few points you need to maintain in order to make a request on GoFundMe Guarantee:
- If you have the ownership of the recent payment mode that was utilized for donating.
- Check that the date of donation is new because if one year passed then do not wait to request for a refund.
- Some people might request a refund for the same donation. If not then a refund is granted.
If GoFundMe confirms the mishandling, donors can be paid back in the subsequent ways:-
- The refund of Donations should not exceed $1,000 per donor per campaign.
- The Credit can be recovered as a donation to different campaigns.
- The donation needs to be sent to the beneficiary directly.
How to refund a donation on GoFundMe?
If you wish to request for a donation refund on GoFundMe, then you are requested to call the charity directly.
But if your problem is not solved then you can try other methods that we will discuss below:
The only method to make a request for the donation refund is through the website and it contains two courses of action apparently.
- Recently made Donation refund.
- Refund on Donation Misuse.
1. How to refund someone on GoFundMe for recently made Donations?
If the fundraising was sent to the charity within the 15th date of the recent month then you can make a request for a refund by the 20th of that month. If the donations raised on the 3rd week of the month then your refunds will be processed after the 3rd of the following month.
These time period need to followed by every user those who want a refund and here are the following steps:
- Click the Request a refund page and it opens up.
- Now type the email address and choose the type for the refund request.
- Enter the amount of the donation.
- You can see the link of the fundraising campaign or enter your name whichever is preferable.
- Now tap the Submit button.
2. Can I get a refund for Donations on GoFundMe for the Misuse of funds?
If you find that money sent has not reached the beneficiary then you can request for a donation refund on GoFundMe.
The steps involved to make a request for a refund:-
- Firstly, go to the GoFundMe Guarantee page as it regulates the funds and tap on it to open.
- Next, take the pointer to Submit a donor claim here and click it.
- Search the contact information on that page.
- You will be asked some questions about the fundraiser so answer with all the details included.
- Why you want a refund you need to clearly give reasons and briefly describe.
- Provide attachments of the evidence.
- Now hit the Send Email tab.
When you decide to request for a refund you can come across few issues:-
Before requesting for a refund you need to be sure about the exclusions of the GoFundMe Guarantee policy.
If by chance you have invoked the policy and made a refund request in the following circumstances then you might not be able to receive refunds:
- Gave donations to the campaign.
- You use other platforms for donation.
- While donating you did not think and now you regret it.
- You might request a refund because you have ego issues with the beneficiary.
- If you think that the beneficiary is using extra funds and you do not agree with him.
- You do not approve of the payment method used for donation.
- If the rewards were undelivered, promises, offers, or growths rendered by the beneficiary.
- If you are donating a fundraiser that was excluded for some other reasons.
- You do not approve of GoFundMe.
- If there is no proof for the situations of misuse.
How much time does it take to get a refund?
In most cases, the payment method determines when your refund will get back to your account. Refunds once processed it might take 3 -7 days to appear in your bank account.
Why would GoFundMe refund my Donations?
Sometimes donation refunds are returned to the account without making any request.
There are reasons we have point out for you, the refunds received without requesting:
- When the fundraising is stopped by the organizer.
- The payment mode you selected is not verified and rejects the donation.
- There is a time-bound within which the organizer needs to transfer the fund.
- You are the organizer of the fundraiser and donated.