Do you know what Kickstarter is? Kickstarter is the mainstream platform for crowdfunding which supports artists and creative projects. Here, backers are given numerous rewards for their pledges.
In this blog, we will talk about refund policy on Kickstarter, amabrush refund, cancel pledge refund, and so on.
What is the Refund Policy of Kickstarter?
A connection between creators and their backers is built by the platform of Kickstarter. As per the refund policy it does not hold funds which means that the refund is not in the hands of Kickstarter.
The sole option to request for a refund is contacting the creator directly if the funding program is completed already. You can cancel the pledge if the project is live on Kickstarter and then you will receive the refund.
In case the creator did not fulfill the promised awards or the program or funding project came to an end or the project is not profitable, the creator needs to go for better solutions so that backers will be refunded.
Kickstarter, if gathered sufficient funds the amount is transferred to the Amazon Payments account of the creator excluding the fees for the platform. The refund policy of Amazon Payment enables the initial 60 days from the charged date to issue refunds on Kickstarter. The refund money will be credited to the cards of backers or the bank account.
After the surpass of 60 days, the request for a refund arrives then creators can choose different ways to pay back the pledge.
Kickstarter also needs to provide a refund on the fees they subtracted, if the creator issues a refund in 14 days.
The payment mode you choose for purchase, the refund will be credited in that mode.
How can you request for a refund from Kickstarter?
If you want to request a refund on Kickstarter then you need to go to the website to make the request.
Can I request for a refund on Kickstarter through the Website?
In order to ask for a pledge refund on Kickstarter, you need to reach the creator, and below are the steps to be followed:
- Firstly, go to the Kickstarter account.
- Then, visit the project page.
- Now tap the name of the creator.
- Next tap on the Contact me option.
Cancellation of Kickstarter Pledge
Cancellation of the pledge needs to be done before the deadline of project funding. After that, the money will be refunded.
Following are the steps you need to go through to cancel the pledge:-
- Firstly, go to the Kickstarter account and the Login tab.
- Next, click on the project page.
- Now tap the option ‘Manage your pledge’.
- Tap on the link ‘Cancel Pledge’ available next to the option ‘Change your pledge’.
Issuing Refund Pledge Money to Backers on Kickstarter
You can refund the pledge money to your backers by going through the following steps:
- Go to the Kickstarter account and Log in with the credentials.
- Next, in the Creator Tools list, hit on the Backer Report.
- Choose the backer’s name.
- Tap on the option ‘Issue a refund’.
- Give them the information about the credit card.
- Next, you need to type the amount of the refund: full or partial.
The status in the Backer Report will show as ‘Dropped’ after you issued backers a full refund. With this backers cannot comment, however, communication can be processed through direct messages.
Issues might be faced while requesting Refund on Kickstarter
- A creator might sometimes face an error message while issuing a refund. This is because the card used by the backers in the meantime has terminated and the card was not replaced with another one. A refund will be impossible if the backer’s bank account is not connected with Kickstarter.
- A creator can also face problems if the backer has a conflict with the issuer of the card. So, you need to choose a different option to transfer the pledge money instead of Kickstarter.
- Similar circumstances can be encountered by the creator after the campaign on funding is over. Kickstarter having issues with accessing the pledge from the bank account or the new card and the backer’s card has been terminated which is not replaced with a new one. In this case, creators will not have the option to get that portion of funding.
- You need to ensure that backers if made a request within 60 days after the funds received by the creator, then they are eligible to get the refund on Kickstarter. After that period if the request for refund is completed, you will get your refunds through Amazon Payments, paper check, PayPal, etc.
- You won’t receive the subtracted fees if the request is made after 14 days from the deadline of the funding.
How much time does it take to get a refund from Kickstarter?
The refund from Kickstarter will take two weeks after the request is been processed. Make sure the credit card is not expired otherwise the creator needs to find a different method to refund you.
The wait might be too long for you till you did not get the refund. If you want to check the status then you need to contact the bank and ask for assistance. You can also ask the bank what’s impeding the transaction, how much time it would take if the credit card is expired.
Usually, the refund depends on what type of method you choose while transacting. If you use a credit card, the refund will be credited to your credit card.