Mercari is a shopping app similar to other apps of shopping. It provides trading fanciers with an opportunity to buy or sell products while observing undemanding protocols.
While shopping in Mercari you might be delivered a damaged item which you want to return and ask for a refund. So, in this case, you should know what the refund policy of Mercari is.
Here, in this blog, we will discuss how to get a refund from Mercari, the refund policy, the can seller refund the buyer, etc.
Let’s proceed further to know about the Refunds from Mercari in detail.
Mercari Refund Policy
When you receive a product that is not according to the product shown on the site then the chances to make a refund request depends on the reason for the dissatisfaction.
Few of the requisite of Mercari’s Refund Policy:-
- The product delivered is damaged.
- A different product is delivered to your address.
- The items mismatch the seller’s description.
- Your prepaid item is misplaced or missing from the order.
If you have faced any of these above issues you need to reach Mercari and report about it within three days of receiving the package.
But keep a note that you do not require to send back the products if:-
- The products are hazardous.
- The items violate any portion of the refund policy of Mercari.
As per the refund policy of Mercari, there is no rule of partial refund. If you return the product you will receive a full refund.
Mercari has its app and all transactions are carried out through it. So users need to request a refund through the app and if they contact any third parties their rights might be at risk.
After the return is approved by the help centre, you will be delivered a return label with the address. When returning the package you need to attach the address on top of it. You can return the product within three days after you receive the product. After that wait for the refund to be made on the original payment mode.
Note: Returns and Returns are not possible in some cases.
- If the product you ordered does not fit.
- If you purchase the item with coupons.
- If you report the issue after the deadline.
- The purchased item is from the prohibited list.
- If the item is according to the description and not damaged, but you do not want the product.
- If you paid for the product or rated the seller and after that, you report a return request.
If you feel you are eligible for a refund then Mercari might provide you extra credits for shopping instead of money. It’s up to the company decision and your refund request.
How can a Buyer request a refund from Mercari?
You might have a question in mind about how to get a refund from Mercari. So here are your answers.
Can you Refund Mercari using a Website Form?
You can find the form on the site of Mercari.
The steps to be followed to ask for a refund request:-
- Firstly, go to the page of Mercari Help Center.
- Then tap the blue option of the Contact Us button.
- Now, select the Return tab from the list.
- Next, choose that ‘I want to learn about returns’.
- Now, add personal information and explain the reason for the cancellation.
- Furnish four pictures and the packaging appearance as proof.
- Lastly, tap the Send button.
Make sure that you don’t attach the security codes or credit card numbers on the form. You need to give your email address or phone number so that agents or rep may contact you.
Request the refund Mercari by DoNotPay
This method is not so magical that you send the request for a refund and soon you get your refund. It might take much time. So you can opt for the other method to request the refund i.e. DoNotPay app.
Let us learn how this app helps you to get your money back.
Following are the steps mentioned below:-
- First thing you need to do is access the DoNotPay from the browser.
- Next, search the section Chargeback Instantly and tap on the link Get Protected.
- Fill the details as the chatbot asks.
- Verify the seller name.
- Next, sign the letter if dispute digitally.
- Tap on the Sign and then click the Submit tab.
Once you complete and send the form the bank will receive a fax. A Visa and Mastercard code will sent to you to support the case and according to Fair Credit Billing Act, the refund process will speed up.
Can a Seller Refund A Buyer Mercari?
If you return the product within three days of receiving you will surely receive your refund. And yes, seller can refund if the buyer fulfills all the refund policy.
Sometimes it so happens that Buyer refuse to return the item but wants the refund. But according to Mercari policy, the payment will not be release to the buyer until the product is delivered.
How much it takes to receive a refund from Mercari?
- The refund will be in the mode of payment you used while making the payment. It might take 5-10 working days.
- The order was cancelled in 24 hours, the approval is voided and the charge that is pending will be eliminated from the online statement in 5 working days.
- It might take 30 days to receive the refund depending what mode you choosed such as bank or credit provider.
- The Balance of Mercari and Refunds from Credit are credited within 24 hours to your account.
- As the refunds are credited as the payment mode you choosed so make sure to keep your cards safely such as prepaid or the gift cards.
- If the refund is not credited within 30 days then make sure to contact the card issuer or PayPal.
Hence, this article will help you to receive refunds from Mercari if you are eligible for it.