You booked the flight tickets and were excited about the trip. But problems always come unsound, so you want to cancel the flight booking and also wish to get the refund back on Southwest Airlines.
This article will give you an idea on whether Southwest gives refunds or not, refund policy, southwest early bird refund, etc
Southwest Airlines provides different perks as compared to different airlines in the United States. If you ever want to travel through this airline you will find the fair quite reasonable.
After canceling the booked tickets you need to go through the refund policy to check whether you are eligible for it or not, any charges for canceling.
Let’s check the refund policy of SouthWest Airlines
The Refund Policy of Southwest Airlines states that a refund is possible for the customers who are eligible and can make changes in their flight. If the price of the ticket suddenly drops you can opt to rebook the ticket by canceling the first one.
We are sorry to say that only a few fares from SouthWest are refunded.
The company previously captioned the three fare types:-
- Fares like any time or Business, can request for the money refund or request for Travel Funds so that you can use it for future flights. Make sure to show respect to the No Show Policy of the company. You can also make changes or cancel the flight before the scheduled time.
- Southwest wanna get away refund tickets are actually not refunded. You can reuse the tickets for future travel but do not expect to get any refunds as per the policy. No show policy is also applicable in this type of fare.
Also, have a look at the rules on the refund as stated in the policy:-
- Passengers always while cancelling their tickets confirms that a refund is possible within 24 hours so that they can cancel it. After cancelling refund will be credit in the form you paid while transacting.
- The refunds received as Travel Credit ends after one year of purchase.
- If you purchase your tickets with Rapid Rewards miles then the refund will be in terms of points.
- Early Bird check-in is not refundable.
Does SouthWest Refund Flight tickets?
Bought SouthWest Vacation tickets but found that the prices drop now you want your refund back. So here are the methods to seek a refund on SouthWest.
- Via a website.
- Over the Phone.
- Composing a Letter.
- Refund through SouthWest App.
Some passengers might know the steps to cancel the previous flight booking:-
- From the website go to the Cancel Flight Reservation page and tap it.
- Type details like confirmation number, full name, and tap the Continue tab.
- Select the Fare Type depending on your fare – Money as refund or Travel refunds.
- Next, move further by tapping on the Cancel Flight option.
- Now, you can book your new flight.
i) Can I refund my Southwest ticket through the Website?
You can ask for a refund on SouthWest through its website by canceling the Anytime or Business Select fare before the flight departure.
Following the steps to be followed:-
- Go to the site of SouthWest Airlines and tap on the Cancel Flight tab.
- In the next step type your ticket details such as confirmation number, first and surname.
- Select the fare type – refund or travel credit.
- If you are eligible for the refund the amount will be credited to your original account or convert to travel funds.
ii) Are Southwest tickets refundable over the Phone?
- Dial Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792.
- After the rep receives the call you need to clarify your problem with the refund or you want a refund.
- Furnish the details of your tickets like confirmation number, flight information or ticket number. You need to have the details ready when asked.
iii) Does Southwest give refunds by Letter?
If you want to ask for a refund you can make a request through Letter.
Compose the letter and include all the information related to your flight tickets and at last deliver it to:-
P.O. Box 36649
Dallas, Texas 75235-1649
iv) How to ask for a refund on Southwest through its App?
SouthWest has an app that makes your work easier. Install the app on your mobile phone and if not yet launch then follow the steps mentioned below:-
- From the app, list Select the SouthWest app and tap on it to open.
- Next, click the three dots available on the homepage of SouthWest and you will see the More options.
- Select the Lookup reservations option.
- Fill in the confirmation number and full name, and tap on the Retrieve reservation option.
- Select the option – cancel or change the flight.
- Tap on the Refundable section and it depends on the fare type.
- Select the option Request a refund to get the money back, or keep it for future use to earn a flight credit.
Hope, this article will help you in getting your refunds or travel credit according to your fare type.