The contactless smart card known as Ventra card is utilized as a portion of the electronic fare payment system for Chicago Transit Authority or CTA, Metra and Pace. Ventra took the initiation in the year 2013 and full evolution in 2014, fully replacing the Chicago card.
It depends on the radio-frequency identification or RFID and jointly gets with the app of Ventra that approves you to:-
- Your Ventra Card needs to add passes and value.
- Get alerts and notifications on balances.
- Purchase and obtain mobile tickets for Metra.
- Observe real-time arrivals for Metra, CTA, and Pace.
Refund policy for Ventra Card
After depositing funds on the Ventra card to get refunds is hectic. It is tough and extremely hard to get back the money from the supplier and is shown by the way that vending machines of Ventra don’t give change. If in case you overpay, then the excess will be termed as Transit Value.
According to the Agreement, it acknowledges that refunds you are not eligible for refunds in case:-
- If you walk out of the State of Illinois.
- In case of death.
The users of Ventra cards who relocate can demand a refund of the Transit Value on an enlisted Ventra card just if the balance is $10 on the card. New users can get the refund granted mail at the doorstep of their address. Proper documentation after requesting that indicates movement:
- Utility bill.
- Car or home insurance card with the new address.
- Vehicle registration form.
- Property tax bill.
- Tenant lease.
If someone expires, a legal rep of the inheritance may order a refund for the remaining Transit Value and choose to shut down the account after receiving supporting documents.
If any issue occurred while the process of top-up is going on due to Ventra equipment malfunctioning i.e. the charges are made, but not shown on the Ventra card, directly contact the support team in four working days.
For account adjustment request need to include:-
- The equipment location.
- The train station or bus path.
- Date and time of the event.
If Ventra Cards are Stolen, Lost, and Damaged:-
If the cards are stolen, lost, or damaged are registered you can get a card as a replacement but cannot get a refund. Once you register the balance will transfer to the new card. You can get the card from the Customer Service Center of Ventra at 567 W. Lake St, Chicago, or get it at your doorstep through the mail in 7-10 days.
You need to pay for the Replacement Ventra cards at $5 which is non-refundable, aside from when they are allocated for the damaged cards. If you handle the card properly without misusing it and yet activated then the $5 fee will not remain void.
Can I get my refunds on my Chicago Ventra Cards?
There are methods to get the money back from Ventra Cards.
a) Get Ventra Refunds through Phone
If you wish to contact the agent to make a request for a refund you can select the method over the phone.
- In the first case, gather all the information regarding the refund request which the agent of the customer center might require such as the serial number of your card and contact details.
- Call at -1-877-NOW-VENTURA (1-877-669-8368) to get in touch with the customer support team of Ventra.
- Once the rep answer the call tell the reason for calling and ask for the refund.
You can reach the support team of Ventra from Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. CST, and on Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST.
b) Make a request for a refund on Ventra Card Online
You won’t find any official way to reach Ventra for requesting a refund.
Here are the steps to be followed:-
- Visit the Contact Us page.
- Fill in the contact form with the correct details.
- Choose the most relevant topic from the list.
- Compose a simple clear-cut message requesting a refund.
- Lastly, tap the Submit button.
The message should be brief and clear, not beating around the bush as it is restricted only to 2,000 characters.
c) Asking for a Refund on Ventra Card In Person
The service centre of Ventra is situated at-
567 W. Lake Street,
2nd floor, Chicago,
You can go and visit the hub during business hours, conversation with a rep, and make a request for a refund for the Ventra card balance.
The Center is open to customers from Monday to Friday. Timing – 8 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. CST.
Possible Issues With Refund on Ventra Card
Though having a strict policy on refunds, Ventra may charge you if there is no request for a refund on the remaining balance available on the card. If the card is not being active for 18 months you will be charged a dormancy cost of $5 in a row. This was stated in the policy of Ventra Refunds.
The balance will be decreased each month until it becomes zero on the card. Sometimes it does not even refund a double swipe on Ventra cards.