Earlier when planning for a trip you need to book flights, hotels, and accommodation separately. But now as we are in this digital world, it has made our lives much easier. You can book the flight, rentals on cars and hotels bind in one package. If you are lucky enough you can also get some offers while booking.
Expedia is a bucket where you can opt to book flights, vehicles, lodging, etc without searching for any other apps.
But due to some reason you are bound to cancel the booking. In such a case, how one can proceed to cancel and request for refund will be discussed in this blog.
Here we will include Expedia refund policy, does Expedia give refunds, canceling non-refundable hotel reservation Expedia, how long does Expedia take to refund, etc.
Let’s proceed to know what Expedia’s refund policy is.
Expedia Refund Policy
Expedia is a link between the travel service and the passenger that helps you in getting your needs in a single app. When you want to cancel the booking on Expedia, the eligibility and the refunds will fully depend on the alliance that Expedia reserved for you.
You can reach the customer service of Expedia if you have any doubts or issues faced while canceling.
Does Expedia give refunds
A big question mark when you have not direct contact with the booked companies i.e, for hotel, flight, car rental, etc. You do not need to worry as you can make a refund request through Expedia whether refund on canceled flights or hotel or any other booking.
How to get a refund from Expedia
You can ask for a refund on Expedia by requesting them.
There are initially three methods to make a request for a refund on the flight, hotel, or other package cancellations.
- Expedia Website
- Contact over the Phone
- Via Email
How can I ask for a refund through the Website of Expedia
Due to an emergency, you need to cancel the trip then you can opt to the website of Expedia to do so.
The following steps that you need to go through in order to complete the cancellation process are as follows:
- First, go to the Expedia account just entering your login credentials.
- Next, tap on My Trips.
- Select your booking which you are expected to cancel.
- Now, tap on Cancel or Change. If you want to cancel you need to tap the Cancel button.
- You will receive a confirmation email after you cancel the booking.
If the cancellation is confirmed this literally means you want a refund. Check how much refund you will receive after canceling.
Contact the Company on Phone
The next method is the phone method. You can call the number in order to cancel the booking and then ask for a refund from the company.
This method is called to be a useful one as you can raise complaints by talking to the rep and clearing your doubts.
- Ring -1-800-319-4834
- The call might not be answered in one ring so wait till any rep attends the call.
- Ask them to refund you for the cancellation made.
- Provide the booking details that will help the representative to solve your query as soon as possible.
- You need to wait for the confirmation.
Though you can get direct contact with the customer service it might take more time than the request made on the website. It’s a time-consuming method so it is up to you which method you prefer.
Send Email to Expedia
Compose an email to the travel agency to cancel the booking and ask for a refund.
- Draft the request.
- Deliver to email@example.com.
- Be patient and wait for the company’s response.
This method of canceling also can take long hours to receive responses. People select to email the customer service when the cancellation of flights or hotels is made in advance.
How long does Expedia take to refund
The cancellations and refunds on Expedia are processed in 24 hours. The funds to be credited in the account usually depend on the bank.
Cancellation Policy Refund on Expedia
The eligibility for the refund in full counts on services of Expedia that you want to cancel and the group that authorizes it.
Following the rules for approving a refund on Expedia:
- Airfare refunds are approved if requested within 24 hours of tickets booking.
- Bookings on the hotel can be cancelled prior to the scheduled time of cancellation.
- If you have purchased a vacation package that can be cancelled in 24 hours from the time of booking and received a full refund.
- The rental car needs to cancel before the scheduled time i.e 6 hours in advance.
- You can cancel the cruise bookings three months prior to the scheduled date.
- Expedia flight insurance refund is possible if you provide valid details.
- Many activities are refunded but within a set time.
The refund policy will vary because the companies might not be the same though booking is done through Expedia.
Canceling non-refundable hotel reservations on Expedia is somewhat wasting your own money.
Request made on Expedia might be canceled or refuse to refund its customers because you may not be liable or they found some loopholes which do not make you eligible for a refund.
In most cases, representatives might take long hours to make a response. Batting after hours you receive the refund to your account.